One young Catholic family on a Journey towards Intentional and Communal Sustainability. One Artist, one full time Mama and two babies, we'll tell you about all our successes, and failures, as we try to make it in our overly Consumeristic society on just the bare necessities.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Deja Vue September

Back in September we experimented with making no purchases for a month.  We did ok, we could have done better, as you can see here.  But the other day I found a resource that if we had known about I think we could have really scored.

Listia.com is a free auction website where you earn points and use those points to "purchase" things that other members have listed in an ebay style auction.  I signed up through another blogger's link and that gave her extra points as well as giving me some to start out with.  I haven't made any purchases yet because I'm saving up points for an Amazon gift card so I can get Amazon Prime (Amazon Mom is currently closed to enrollment.  Big bummer!).  But I'm encouraging you frugalistas to give it a try.  If you do so through the link below I get a little kick back and you get some free points as well.  List a few auctions (something I'm going to work on today) and you'll be off and rolling towards whatever the free thing of your dreams is.  I'm going to work for gift cards, which are a high ticket item, and sewing supplies.  What will you be going for?


Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment