Friday, October 14, 2011
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. My House is a Wreak. This week has been about focusing on my family, and I've completely neglected my house. I mean, the kind of neglect where there's clothing piled up in the family room from cleaning out the car (one thing I did do!), scrabble pieces everywhere, and if you rang my door bell, I'd politely slip outside rather than invite you in. Yup, it's that bad. I guess I know what I'll be working on next week!
2. Walking the Dog. We went to the park today with my in-laws and Charlotte got to walk the dog all by herself. Isn't she a cutey! Although I think the dog did more walking of her in the end. :)
3. Library Card Scandal. I am the finder of all things lost. Joey's been missing his driver's license for weeks now, and I found it while starting a long awaited load of laundry tonight. What's funny is I didn't think "Great! This will be important when we drive across country to visit family next month!" I thought, "Sweet! This means we can get a library card at the stubborn library that refuses to let residents of Aurora use their services!" (this is an old article, now they don't let you check anything out, and you can only use the internet). Because Joey still has our old address on his ID and doesn't have to change it until his ID expires. I think he was supposed to write it in on the back, but it wore off or something. Anyway, more libraries for us! Wohoo!
4. G+. I'm dabbling more and more in Google Plus and thinking more and more about deleting facebook. I don't know that I have the courage!
5. Rosary Time. We've been praying the rosary together as a family after dinner now for about 2 weeks straight and it's been wonderful! Our new "prayer couch" is the best thing we could have done for our marriage and for our family ever! Now, if only it wasn't covered in cloth napkins and leftover snack plates.... (see #1).
6. Surviving our Dogs. Joey loves dogs. Have we told you this before? We have 2, and they're tiny, and sometimes they're cute. And sometimes they drive me up the walls. But I'm always glad to have them when there's trouble afoot. Not that there is currently, but all this survivalist talk has got me thinking about it.
7. Sgraffito Ceramics. I've been doing a lot of glazing for Joey lately- He doesn't so much care for the current glazes he has because they're all low fire, but I've been enjoying them because I've been using a sgraffito technique.