One young Catholic family on a Journey towards Intentional and Communal Sustainability. One Artist, one full time Mama and two babies, we'll tell you about all our successes, and failures, as we try to make it in our overly Consumeristic society on just the bare necessities.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Make It!- Attempting to Sew

As you can see, I have plenty of sewing supplies, 2 sewing machine even! (although 1 doesn't work except to make button holes right now).  I even have a 3rd beautiful old sewing machine that is currently a bedside table in the guest room because i need to get the belts replaced.
 Lots and lots of fabric to pick from.
 This is where i stashed my favorites, so they'd be in sight and would get used.  They're gathering dust.
 I bought this for curtains in Charlotte's room, but quickly decided I didn't like it for that purpose.  But this is my target fabric for my make it today.  I will make something with it!

 I scored this giant box of vintage patterns at an estate sale for $5.  There are some goodies in there, I'm sure, and i was hoping to find a cute little girls dress like on the fabric to make Charlotte and Beatrice matching dresses from.  I didn't find exactly what i was looking for, but look what i did find!

 Yeah, aren't those great?Look at those legs!  But this is during nap time, ans Bea kept waking up, until she finally looked like this. 
And this is why I didn't get to sew this afternoon.  Maybe after bedtime tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment